Information


Email: jared.petersen@myldsmail.net

Serving from March 2014 to March 2016

Mission Address: (send everything to this address and they will forward to him daily)

Elder Jared Petersen
Tennessee Knoxville Mission
11320 Station West Dr Ste 101
Farragut, TN 37934

Thursday, September 17, 2015

February 2, 2015

Letter from Feb 2, 2015

I had a slight fear after last week that this week would be slower, but the work shows no signs of slowing down, it's great!
On Tuesday we had a team up and dinner. Before dinner we visited Sister Maddox finally. She'd been pretty busy and we'd had a hard time figuring out when we could meet with her, but it finally happened. While we were talking to her we were explaining some stuff about baptism and she turns to me and she's like "You know I already know all of this." I can't remember specifically what she said after that but she was basically telling me that I know she's ready and we've just got to get things going. She still does have a little ways to go, but she's so close and she's going to do so great. After that we had dinner with the member and another team up with him after dinner. We saw a less active lady who is so nice! We talked to her about the Plan of Salvation and she was able to answer some pretty hard questions right. It was awesome, her only hold back is that she doesn't realize just how much she knows yet.
We also contacted a referral after Sister Bridgette's. She said she's looking for a church and was super willing to learn, but didn't have time to talk to us right then, so we'll see her again this Wednesday. 
On Thursday we had District Meeting. We had a training on how to teach the Principal that God is our Loving Heavenly Father. At first I was like "Ha, I know this." Then I realized that there are so many things that we don't teach enough in that 1 principal because we assume that when people say they know God and that he loves them then they really do, when in reality they only partially do because they don't know there's more. It was slightly humbling and very enlightening. We tried to visit a less active after that and I felt like we should do 3 up 3 down. We usually aren't as good about that as we need to be, but we did and we got a new investigator from it. It was this guy who talked about how he saw so many problems in other churches and we taught him the restoration and he listened well through it and asked some good questions. We gave him a Book of Mormon and he said he'll read it and have lots of questions for us next time. I'm so excited for our next appointment with him. I also got a letter in the mail saying that a lady named Melinda in Grove Park got baptized!! It was so cool, because I was the very first missionary to meet with her! She was a referral and when we contacted her I was on splits with a member, so for the first lesson I was the only missionary. Not that the other missionaries didn't do much, but it was cool that someone I contacted joined the church. Her husband and son are on their way as well.

On Saturday we had a lesson with one of our investigators, where we taught the Plan of Salvation (The Plan of Salvation is my favorite, so I think that's why I'm getting so many opportunities to teach it) She didn't know much about the Plan of Salvation, but she really liked it and she made the comment at one point that she's glad her dad will have another chance to accept it. It was so cool to see the hope that the Plan of Salvation brought to her. 
On Sunday we had church. It was good. There's not much that changes from week to week at church. haha After church though we had dinner at our YSA branch mission leaders house and we had an amazing meal! It was so good! My favorite was the sweet potatoes and the regular potatoes. I think I like potatoes more now that I did even back home! After dinner we drove by the Chickamauga Battlefield. It was really cool, I love all the connections to the civil war down here.
Love y'all,
Elder Jared Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment