Information


Email: jared.petersen@myldsmail.net

Serving from March 2014 to March 2016

Mission Address: (send everything to this address and they will forward to him daily)

Elder Jared Petersen
Tennessee Knoxville Mission
11320 Station West Dr Ste 101
Farragut, TN 37934

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Dec 29, 2014

Dec. 29, 2014

This week was GREAT!!! I got to skype home and see my family and Grandma and Grandpa Ames. That was definitely my favorite part.
On p day E Goldsberry and Sis Merrell (Pronounced Merl) ran into each other during basketball and Sis Merrell got a pretty bruised head and E Goldsberry's eyebrow got split open. They were both alright though.
On Christmas Eve we had the thought that tracting would be more effective, given that people should want to hear about Christ on Christmas. Apparently most every missionary learns the lesson that we did, and that was that people don't want to hear about Christ on Christmas. No one wanted to hear anything from us. To top that off, it started raining really hard. So we started to head to our lunch appointment and we had to go down this big hill to get there. I was flying down this hill in the pouring rain and then I started to come up on this stop sign and tried to stop. I slid from side to side, almost like snowboarding! My tires had absolutely no traction, and the road was coming to a T with a fairly busy road real quick. The only image that came to my mind was my blowing this stop sign and being wrecked by a truck or something. So I thought I was going to die. I blew through the stop sign, completely sideways, and then I kinda just plopped down and slid across most of the road. By some miracle, there was no cars. So I jumped up, probably faster than I went down, and we went on to our lunch. 
On Christmas we spent it with the Huffs. I skyped from there, which was great, and then we had Christmas dinner and played games and stuff. The Elders and the Sisters were both there, and we had a lot of fun. The Huffs daughter showed me her doll that she got for Christmas and I was like, "That's cool, so do the eyes close when you lay her down?" Apparently, that was like the perfect reaction because Sis Huff was pretty impressed about how I handled it haha, she thought it was pretty awesome haha. 
In district meeting we did a role play on teaching the saviors earthly ministry and the great apostasy like a story. It was really cool, it makes it a lot more interesting and it's a lot easier to keep peoples attention that way, so I liked it. Then we went out with Br Zhang, our branch mission leader, and all of our appointments fell through. So he was like "How about you guys go shopping in walmart with me and you can just talk to people. So we went and talked to some people in walmart. We didn't find anyone to teach, but we found a guy who said he didn't know if he believed in Jesus (a rare find in the south) and we put carts away for an old guy.
Love y'all,
Elder Jared Petersen

Christmas tie selfies =) ♥♥


No comments:

Post a Comment